Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This Fall Season soup is Moroccan as well as French in spirit. Very easy to prepare and would make a great first course for a fall menu.
- 3 1⁄2 cups fresh pumpkin or 3 1⁄2 cups butternut squash, 1-inch cubed and peeled
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 3⁄4 cups yellow onions, diced
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon ras el hanout spice mix
- 3⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 teaspoons plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, rough chopped
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a large saucepan and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Place half of squash mixture in a blender. Remove center piece of blender lid (to allow steam to escape) and secure blender lid on blender. Place a clean towel over opening in blender lid (to avoid splatters). Blend until smooth.
- Pour pureed mixture into a large bowl. Repeat procedure with remaining squash mixture. Return pureed mixture to pan over low heat. Add milk and butter to pan and cook 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Serve with yogurt and cilantro.