Cook2 hrs 30 mins
Pot roast, with a French twist.
Make and share this Pot Roast Provencal recipe from Food.com.
- Dust meat with flour.
- Brown meat in olive oil on high heat.
- Set aside meat and turn down to medium heat.
- Add potatoes, carrots and garlic and cook gently for 15 minutes.
- Add tomato paste and herbs and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add wine and beef stock and mix well.
- Return meat to pan and heat to simmer.
- Cover and braise in oven at 350 for 2 hours.
- Uncover and cook for another 30 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Place meat on platter, surround with vegetables and pour some of the gravy over top.
- Serve remaining gravy on the side.
Very nice roast. I did cut back on the tomato paste since I am not overly fond of it. Next time I will add the veggies after an hour of meat roasting . I ended up taking them about early since they were on the verge of being over cooked. Made for PAC Fall 2009
Moist & fall off the bone tender. Just the way a roast should be. Yummm
This was just awsome. So flavorful. I made a non alcoholic version using cranberry juice instead of red wine. Wonderful.