Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Good warm, good from the fridge; good as an after-dinner dessert with ice cream, good as a mid-day munchie with coffee, tea, or cocoa. GREAT with a tall cool glass of milk! Very rich - one good-sized slice is just about all most people can handle.
- Let butter/margarine and cream cheese come to room temperature.
- Mix thoroughly in good-sized bowl.
- Add sugar and mix thoroughly.
- Add eggs and mix.
- Add flour and baking powder at the same time, and mix.
- Add chocolate chips and mix.
- Grease 2 standard-sized loaf pans.
- Add batter into the 2 pans.
- Bake at 350° for 45 to 60 minutes (cooking time will vary from oven to oven).
- Test with a toothpick poked in the center- if it comes out without batter clinging to it, it's done.
This got 5 gold stars from my husband, who is very hard to please. It's easy to make, and incredibly delicious!
Easy and delicious. Will be fixing this for my in-laws. Thanks, Poss.
"Incredible" (quote from my 9 year old who a very picky eater). I made mini loaves and also added some white chocolate chips. Very delicious and easy!! Thanks for the recipe.