Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This tart exists to do one thing - showcase fine chocolate. The better the chocolate, the better the tart - I usually use 80-85% cocoa solids. This is a velvety, rich tart which goes wonderfully with cream.
- Put the 6 ounces of butter, icing sugar and 2 egg yolks in a bowl and blend or whiz up in a food processor. Blend in the flour until you have a paste, then chill for about an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350f/180c/gas mark 4. Roll out the pastry to line a fluted 8 inch tart tin. Grease the tin, line with the pastry and blind bake for approx 20 minutes until a golden biscuit brown. Remove and allow to cool.
- Increase oven temp to 375°F/190°C/gas mark 5. Put the 7oz chocolate and 5oz butter in a bowl over a barely simmering pan of water. Allow to melt and stir until smooth and glossy then allow to cool off the pan for a few minutes.
- In a separate bowl, put the 2 whole eggs, 3 egg yolks and caster sugar. Whisk until pale and thick. Gradually add the melted chocolate, stirring all the while. Blend thoroughly.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the pastry case and pop in the oven for 5 minutes. Remove and allow to cool.
- Decorate with a sprinkle of edible gold dusk and serve thin slices of tart with thick cream.