Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
We like this stove-top potato recipe because it is quick,and delivers on flavor but won't overpower your main course meat dish. Easily paired with pork, lamb, poultry, or beef. Pimenton is the Spanish smoked paprika and can be substituted with Hungarian paprika.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan large enough to hold the potatoes in one layer.
- Fry the onion and garlic, along with the rosemary until the onion is golden (but do not burn the garlic).
- Add the pimenton, mixing well.
- Add the potatoes and mix, insuring that they become covered with the onion mixture.
- Add just enough water to cover the potatoes.
- Put a lid on the frying pan and simmer until the potatoes are cooked, about 15 minutes; you may need to take the lid off for the last five minutes or so (and stirring as needed to prevent sticking) in order to evaporate all the remaining liquid.
These potatoes are fantastic! The flavors really compliment each other. I served them with baked salmon and it was great. I added just a cup of water and it absorbed just as the recipe said. This was a hit. Thanks, Carole in Orlando
My hubby could not stop eating these. A very nice complement to the Portuguese Pork Ragout with Sweet Peppers. Try them together!
I liked the concept of the dish, however, I think I added too much water. The instruction is to cover & I covered them with water but will use less next time.