We like this stove-top potato recipe because it is quick,and delivers on flavor but won't overpower your main course meat dish. Easily paired with pork, lamb, poultry, or beef. Pimenton is the Spanish smoked paprika and can be substituted with Hungarian paprika.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan large enough to hold the potatoes in one layer.
- 2Fry the onion and garlic, along with the rosemary until the onion is golden (but do not burn the garlic).
- 3Add the pimenton, mixing well.
- 4Add the potatoes and mix, insuring that they become covered with the onion mixture.
- 5Add just enough water to cover the potatoes.
- 6Put a lid on the frying pan and simmer until the potatoes are cooked, about 15 minutes; you may need to take the lid off for the last five minutes or so (and stirring as needed to prevent sticking) in order to evaporate all the remaining liquid.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Portuguese Shepherd's Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (239 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 232.3
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 14.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 4.6 g