If you like mushrooms, you'll like this pasta dish! Make it a main course, or serve it as a side dish. As well, this dish easily doubles.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 lb spaghetti (or linguini)
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 ounces diced bacon
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms (see first line of directions)
- 2 teaspoons capers, drained
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Note: use any type of mushrooms you like, or a combination; try button, cremini or shiitake.
- Cook pasta according to package directions in a large pot of boiling salted water; cook until al dente then drain well; place in a serving bowl and reserve.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over low heat, heat one tbsp of the olive oil.
- Add bacon and mushrooms to skillet and cook, stirring, until browned.
- Add remaining oil to skillet, then the capers, garlic, salt and hot pepper flakes.
- Cook, stirring, for about 10 minutes or until garlic is just slightly golden.
- Stir in basil (you can also substitute fresh parsley, for a different taste) and toss with cooked pasta.
- Serve with parmesan cheese on the side.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation