1 hr 5 mins
A robust dish flavored with paprika, cumin, lemon and garlic. Wonderful over egg noodles or rice or mashed potatoes!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (2 3/4 lb) pork tenderloin, about
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 large shallot, peeled and minced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 2 medium red bell peppers, stemmed, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon paprika (preferably Hungarian sweet)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 6 slices lemons, thin
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons toasted sliced almonds (optional)
- 1Trim the pork tenderloins of excess fat and cut into 1-inch cubes.
- 2In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 teaspoons olive oil over medium heat.
- 3When hot, add the shallot, garlic and bell peppers.
- 4Sauté 10 minutes, until very soft.
- 5Remove from the pan.
- 6Put the remaining teaspoon oil in the pan and heat.
- 7Add the pork and brown.
- 8Stir in the paprika, ground cumin, cumin seeds and salt; stir 1 minute.
- 9Put the shallot, garlic and peppers back into the pan.
- 10Add the broth, wine and lemon slices.
- 11Cover and simmer 20 to 25 minutes, or until the pork is cooked through and tender; stir occasionally.
- 12Remove the lemon slices.
- 13Add fresh lemon juice, pepper, cilantro and almonds if using.
- 14Serve the ragout with rice or egg noodles.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Portuguese Pork Ragout With Sweet Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (488 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 465.1
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 202.8 mg
- Sodium 361.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 66.0 g