Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
Skillet chops with tomatoes, garlic and mushrooms. This is from "A Hundred Years of Island Cooking", an old cookbook from the Hawaiian Electric Company.
- 6 pork chops, cut 1-inch thick
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup sherry wine
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bell pepper, cut into rings
- Dredge chops in flour. In a large skillet, heat oil and fry chops until golden brown on both sides; remove from skillet.
- Add tomatoes, onion, mushrooms, and garlic; saute for a few minutes. Add sherry, salt and pepper.
- Return chops to skillet and put bell pepper rings on chops. Cover and simmer until chops are tender, about 45 to 50 minutes.