Recipe by LifeIsGood
Recipe from Rachael Ray. You can use leftover boneless, skinless chicken breasts for this recipe (or poach some beforehand). All you need is a nice salad to complete this meal. Oh, and maybe a nice wine. :)
- 4 potatoes, peeled and cut into quarters (such as russets)
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut into large pieces on an angle
- 3 celery ribs, cut into large pieces on an angle
- 1 large onion, cut into large chunks
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3⁄4 lb chorizo sausage, Spanish-style, cut into 1 1/2 inch slices on an angle
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced on an angle into 1 inch strips (poached or cooked already)
- 1⁄4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- crusty Portuguese bread or other chewy farm bread, for passing at the table
Directions See How It's Made
- Place potatoes, carrots, celery and onion in a pot. Add wine, sugar, salt, oil and chicken broth. cover the pot and bring to a boil. reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- While the veggies cook, brown the chorizo in a nonstick skillet over med-high heat.
- Uncover the veggies and add in the chorizo and the tomato sauce. Set cooked chicken into the pot and heat through for 5 minutes. Adjust seasoning to taste. ladle the Portuguese Chicken into shallow bowls, garnish with parsley and serve with the crusty bread for dipping.