Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A cannellini bean soup with sweet potatoes, tomatoes, and swiss chard. Serves well with a slice of crusty wholegrain bread. -Recipe from Dr. Mehmet C. Oz's book
- 2.46 ml olive oil
- 118.29 ml white onion, chopped
- 354.88 ml chicken broth or 354.88 ml vegetable broth
- 118.29 ml sweet potato, diced (1/2 inch unpeeled pieces)
- 9.85 ml chili-garlic sauce
- 99.22 g can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 113.39 g can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 473.18 ml swiss chard, sliced and packed
- 9.85 ml balsamic vinegar
- Heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add oil and onion; cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add broth, potato, and chili garlic sauce.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered 5 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes and beans.
- Return to a simmer, then add swiss chard.
- Simmer 5 more minutes or until sweet potatoes and chard are tender.
- Stir in vinegar and ladle into bowls.
- For Vegan omit the chicken broth.
I love soup and I love beans I quadrupled to make a bigger batch and enjoyed it very much. Thanks for sharing. Made for Spring PAC 2009