Portillo's restaurant, in Chicago, are famous for their beef sandwiches. This would be one of those dishes you could make for your family and freeze leftovers for another meal.
- In a medium saucepan over medium high heat, combine the water, salt, ground black pepper, oregano, basil, onion salt, parsley, garlic powder, bay leaf and salad dressing mix.
- Stir well and bring just to a boil.
- Place roast in a slow cooker and pour mixture over the roast.
- Cover and cook on low setting for 10 to 12 hours OR high setting for 4 to 5 hours.
- Remove bay leaf and shred meat with a fork.
- Serve on Italian Rolls.