Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
Pork steaks topped with apple stuffing.
- 3 cups dry breadcrumbs
- 1 1⁄2 cups jonathan apples, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped and cooked
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped and cooked
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup beef stock
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 6 pork blade steaks
- 3 tart apples, cored and halved
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Preheat oven to temperature 350 degrees.
- To prepare apple stuffing, combine first 7 ingredients and salt and pepper to taste in a bowl.
- Heat oil in a heavy nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Saute steaks 2-3 minutes per side, or until browned.
- Season with salt and pepper and transfer to a shallow baking pan.
- Cover each steak with a layer of apple stuffing.
- Top each with an apple half, cut side up.
- Sprinkle apple with cinnamon and sugar.
- Cover pan tightly with foil.
- Bake 1 hour.