Recipe by WiGal
This recipe is one where you can start it and then go do other "stuff".
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
This is a wonderful one-pot dish, perfect for these crisp Fall evenings we are having! Made as directed, I used whole mushrooms so they were big enough for DH to pick them out. The only thing that we had a problem with was the potatoes not cooking all the way. I used small red potatoes that I halved/quartered depending on the size and after 1 hour and 20 minutes they were still hard, had to put them in the microwave for a few minutes. Next time I will dice them or microwave for a few minutes before I add then to the pot. Otherwise was a really good dish! Made for Everyday Holiday.
- 4 pork steaks, about 1/2 inch thick
- 8 small potatoes, cut in 1 inch chunks
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 10 3⁄4 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, drained (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 10 ounces frozen peas and carrots
Directions See How It's Made
- In large skillet, brown pork steaks.
- Add potatoes and onions.
- In small bowl, mix soup, mushrooms, garlic, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, Worcestershire, thyme, pepper, and chicken stock pour over pork mixture.
- Heat to boiling, reduce heat, cover, and simmer until tender, 60 to 65 minutes.
- Rinse frozen veggies under running cold water to separate; add to pan.
- Cover and simmer until peas and carrots are tender, 10 to 15 minutes.