Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
Rice layered with a pork and tomato sauce and cheddar cheese. Posted by request from the "American Gothic Cookbook".
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Brown pork in a frying pan and set aside.
- Add onions to the pan and saute until golden,.
- Stir in tomatoes, celery, mushrooms, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Layer half of the meat mixture into a 3 quart casserole.
- Top with half the rice, then half the cheese.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- Bake covered for 1 1/2 to 2 hours until meat is tender and liquid is absorbed.