Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, plus more for brushing
- 1 small green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups pork loin, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 4 ounces mexican cheese
- 8 flour tortillas
- In a large, skillet, heat vegetable oil and add pork and season with salt and pepper.
- Saute until cooked through then remove from heat.
- Add the bell peppers and cook over moderately high heat, stirring, until softened, about 10 minutes.
- Add onion and garlic, cover and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the pork, maple syrup and vinegar, and cook for 3 minutes more.
- Spoon a little cheese the pork and bell pepper mixture then more cheese into tortillas and fold in half.
- Brush the tortillas with oil.
- Heat 2 large skillets.
- Working in batches, cook the tortillas over moderate heat, turning once, until crisp, about 7 minutes.
- Cut in eighths and serve.