Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A savory gourmet dish in little more than half an hour? You bet! I've recently fallen in love with fennel and this recipe from BHG showcases it beautifully in a delicious, flavorful cream sauce. Prep time is cooking time and is approximate.
- 1 (12 ounce) pork tenderloin
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 ounces pancetta (Italian bacon) or 2 ounces bacon, finely chopped
- 2 fennel bulbs, trimmed and cut crosswise into 1/4 inch thick slices
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- Trim fat from tenderloin.
- Cut meat crosswise into 1 inch thick slices.
- Place each slice between 2 pieces of plastic wrap.
- Pound to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Remove plastic wrap.
- In a shallow dish, combine the flour, salt, and pepper.
- Coat tenderloin slices with flour mixture.
- In a large, heavy skillet, heat the olive oil over high heat.
- Add pork pieces half at a time, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until meat is slightly pink in the center, turning once.
- Add additional oil if necessary.
- Remove pork from skillet.
- Cook pancetta in same skillet over medium-high heat until crisp.
- Add the fennel, onion, and garlic and cook for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Add lemon juice, then stir in the whipping cream.
- Bring to a boil, then return the pork to the skillet.
- Cook until the pork is heated through and sauce has thickened slightly.
- Transfer pork to a serving platter and spoon the sauce over the top.