Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
A great meal for 4. Quick and easy to prepare. Can be served over rice or noodles. An experiment that turned out pretty good!
- Slice Pork Loin diagonally into 1/2" medallions.
- Salt and Pepper each side of medallions.
- In a large skillet melt butter and add olive oil heat to medium high heat.
- Place medallions in butter/oil and brown each side until a light crust forms (about 3 minutes each side).
- Remove pork and set aside.
- Add Stock to skillet scraping bottom of pan, bring to rolling boil.
- Add Mushrooms, garlic and vinegar, basil, salt and pepper to stock.
- Stir occasionally and reduce by 1/2.
- Add medallions (and any juices from them) to the skillet and combine well.
- Lower heat to medium low and let simmer about 10 minutes.
Delish! Easy and yummy!!! I didn't want a cream sauce but I wanted something that would bring out the pork and mushrooms...this delivered!!! Might add a tad more balsamic and a little less stock next time :)
Made this for dinner last night & it is fabulous. I added rosemary & sage to Step 2. The meat was tender & had a great taste. I served with brown & wild rice mixture. It was also easy to do. I will definitely make this one again.