Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This method of cooking brings winter and summer together. You get that braised tender fall of the bone and grilled with a sweet glaze. For finger licking good! The braising liquid after cooking can be saved, skim fat and use as broth for other uses.
- 3 lbs pork loin rib ends (country style ribs)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili flakes, chipotle
- 1⁄2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1⁄2 cup chopped scallion
- 2 -3 garlic cloves
- 3 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 onion, rough chopped
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 2 celery ribs, sliced thick
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 cup hot water
- 12 ounces beer
- 1⁄3 cup braising liquid
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2 cup orange marmalade or 1⁄2 cup apricot jam
- In a blender add all the marinade ingredients and blend till chunky smooth.
- Rub into ribs all the marinade, place in a zip lock bag.
- Refrigerate for 6 hours or over night.
- Preheat grill to 350.
- Over direct heat cook bacon in a heavy bottom pot. I use mu cast iron.
- Meanwhile sear ribs just to brown.
- Add the onion, carrots, celery, garlic and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Add hot water, thyme, and seared ribs.
- Add beer just to rim of ribs.
- Place top on pot and move to indirect heat.
- Close grill top. Grill for 1 1/2 -2 hours till tender.
- Go enjoy a drink and a dip in the pool.
- Mix braising liquid, honey and marmalade.
- Brush ribs with glaze.
- Place over direct heat to bubble and brown. Just a couple minutes each side.
- Serve the veggies along side the ribs.