Recipe by breezermom
This recipe makes a very elegant entree, but it is easy to make and fairly inexpensive. To keep the fillets from losing their shape, tie a piece of kitchen string around them while cooking, then cut and discard before serving. Make sure your skillet is hot enough to sear the fillets before adding them....this will ensure that they come out moist and tender! From Southern Living.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
ABSOLUTELY GREAT TASTING PORK, & definitely a keeper of a recipe! Really enjoyed the sauce that was included, too!, & it all went so well with a simple combo of brown rice & peas! Thanks for sharing this with us! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
- 2 lbs pork loin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth
- 1⁄4 cup Bourbon
- 1 (17 ounce) canpitted cherries, dark and sweet
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped and toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the pork loin into 4 (1 1/2 inch thick) fillets; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Tie a 12" piece of string around each fillet, if desired.
- Cook pork fillets in hot oil in a skillet over medium-high heat 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Stir together beef broth and bourbon; add to skillet, stirring to loosen particles from the bottom of the skillet. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until pork is done. Remove fillets to a serving platter, reserving the pan juices, and keep the pork fillets warm. Remove and discard the kitchen string.
- Drain the cherries, reserving the syrup in a small bowl.
- Whisk together the cherry syrup, cornstarch, and next 4 ingredients; add to the skillet with the pan juices. Bring to a boil over medium heat, and cook, stirring constantly 1 minute or until thickened. Remove from heat; remove cloves, and stir in cherries and toasted pecans. Spoon mixture evenly over the warm pork fillets.
- If desired, garnish with watercress, and serve immediately.