Mediterranean Pork Fillet
photo by Laka
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 30mins
- 2 pork tenderloin, trimmed (800 g total)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 lemon, grated rind
- 1 tablespoon almonds, ground
- 100 g pitted black olives, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons mozzarella cheese, grated
- Combine all the ingredients for the marinade in a large, resealable plastic bag. Add the pork tenderloins and turn to coat with the marinade. Squeeze out the air and seal the bag. Marinate the pork in the refrigerator for at least 3 - 4 hours but preferably overnight.
- Remove the tenderloins from the marinade place on a large cutting board. With a sharp knife, cut along the longer edge of one side of the sirloin so it opens like a book (avoid cutting completely through). Pound the sirloin to flatten it (no thinner than 1 cm).
- Combine bread crumbs, lemon zest and almonds and sprinkle over meat. Spread the chopped black olives evenly over the 2 tenderloins and sprinkle with grated mozzarella.
- Starting with a long side, tightly roll up each tenderloin. Secure the seams with metal or wooden toothpicks. Place the rolls on a cooking tray, brush with the remaining marinade. Bake in the oven at 180°C for about 30 minutes. When done, transfer to a cutting board and leave to rest for 10 minutes. Remove the wooden or metal toothpicks and carve in ½-inch-thick diagonal slices.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Food lover, wine and espresso drinker, chocolate addict. I love my family, my dog (when I have it) and my food processor. I cook every single day since I married and probably will until the day I die. I love to share my recipes that are straightforward to prepare, yet are exceptionally tasty and look so good. I hope you feel inspired by my recipes and that they find life in your kitchen!