Peanut Butter Puzzle Fudge
- Ready In:
- 1 cup milk
- 4 cups sugar
- 2 cups smooth peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon butter
- blue orange, red, green, yellow and purple candy melts to decorate fudge
- vegetable shortening
- black candy melt to decorate fudge
- Line a 9” x 13” deep baking pan with baking parchment.
- Place the sugar and milk into a heavy based saucepan fitted with a sugar thermometer and heat gently, giving it a stir from time to time until the sugar has dissolved.
- Keep heating until the mixture starts to bubble rapidly. Boil for about 10 minutes, stirring constantly until it reaches soft ball stage on a sugar thermometer (240F). You can also test this by dropping a little of the mixture into a cup of cold water using a teaspoon If it forms a ball and is soft to the touch then it is ready. It is very important to get to this temperature otherwise your fudge will not set.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and beat well until smooth and thick. Pour into the prepared tin and leave to cool completely, preferably overnight.
- Turn the fudge out onto a board and cut into the required shapes.
- Melt the coloured candy melts in the microwave, one at a time, stirring until smooth. Add a little vegetable shortening to make them thin enough to dip the fudge into.
- Dip the fudge shapes into the candy melts and leave to set on a wire rack.
- Melt the black candy melts and scoop into the small piping bag. Pipe lines onto the fudge to separate the blocks. Leave to set.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hungry for good food AND great conversation? Food.com boasts a smorgasbord of over 500,000 recipes and a community-inspired activity feed that allows our users to add reviews, tweaks, questions and photos to their favorite recipes. Grab a plate and join the fun!