1/2 Photos of Pork Chops With Stuffing and Green Beans
1 hr 10 mins
As with most of my dishes, this was born of lack of inspiration and sheer laziness. I had a yen for stuffed pork chops but not enough yang to actually make them. I found lots of recipes here for pork chops with stuffing but none with the green bean/onion layers which add moisture & flavor to the dish. Of course, the pan drippings left from browning would be a wonderful gravy starter if you're so inclined. This was an invention which pleased our palates immensely!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 boneless pork chops, butterflied, 1 inch thick
- 1/2 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can green beans or 2 cups frozen green beans
- 1 medium onion, sliced & separated into rings
- 1 (6 ounce) package seasoned stuffing mix (made according to package directions)
- 1Preheat oven to 350º F.
- 2Coat an 11"X7" baking dish with cooking spray.
- 3Season both sides of pork chops with thyme, crushed rosemary & black pepper. **(note - I chose not to add salt as prepackaged stuffing mixes usually have a very high sodium content).
- 4Heat a large skillet over medium-high flame & add the oil. When hot, add the chops. Brown 3-4 minutes per side.
- 5Prepare stuffing mix per package directions. Set aside.
- 6Drain green beans & spread in bottom baking dish. Distribute onion rings evenly atop the green beans.
- 7When pork chops are browned, arrange them on top of onions.
- 8Add stuffing mixture to dish, filling in spaces around and between chops.
- 9Cover loosely with foil & bake 35 minutes. Remove foil & bake another 10 minutes or until meat is no longer pink in the center.
- 10** Note - I used thick, boneless chops. If you use thinner ones, adjust bake time accordingly unless you enjoy dry pork!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Chops With Stuffing and Green Beans
Serving Size: 1 (545 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 765.8
- Calories from Fat 208
- Total Fat 23.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 124.8 mg
- Sodium 1301.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 85.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.6 g
- Sugars 16.3 g
- Protein 53.8 g