Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This a recipe from kraftcananda.com that I have tweaked to suite my taste. You can substitute any dried fruit you have on hand: dried dates, raisins, apples or cranberries.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 pork chops
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1 onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot, diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup rice
- Brown pork chops in oil in frypan over medium-high heat. Drain fat.
- Stir in soup, apple juice, green onions, apricots, ginger and cinnamon. Bring to boil. Add rice.
- Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally for 25-30 minutes or until pork is tender.
Pretty good (kids ate it - woo hoo!) Tried it with dates and acai juice just to be different; next time will try apricots and apple juice. Thanks for posting - best,