Recipe by mariposa13
From Dr. Atkins Quick & Easy New Diet Cookbook. Phases 1-4. Per Serving: 7.5 carbs, 1.5 grams fiber, 6 net carbs, 45.5 grams protein, 37.5 grams fat, 557 cal
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 center-cut pork chops (about 10 oz each)
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup poblano pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over med-high heat until hot but not smoking.
- Season pork with salt and pepper, and cook 4-5 min each side, until golden brown.
- Transfer pork to plate and keep warm.
- Reduce heat to med-low.
- Add poblano chilis, onion, salt, and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, for 6-7 minute.
- Stir in cream and waer and bring to simmer.
- Add pork chops and cook for 2 min each side.
- Transfer to platter and pour cream sauce on top.