Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
If your tired of plain & boring pork chops, this is a sure way to have everyone RAVING!!!
- 2 -4 center-cut pork chops, thick cut 3-5 lbs
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons cracked pepper
- 2 tablespoons dried sage
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 red plums
- 1⁄2 cup dry sherry (DO NOT USE COOKING SHERRY it has salt)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons rose water
- Cut plums in half and remove pit.
- Take 3 halves of plums and REMOVE SKIN, leave the other 3 halves with the SKIN ON. Then slice into fourths.
- In a small saucepan combine plums, sherry and sugar. Bring to a boil, lower heat to medium-low, and simmer until plums are soft, about 10 minutes.
- Puree mixture in blender. Once pureed transfer to a bowl and add rose water; stir then set aside.
- Serve plum sauce room temperature.
- The pork chops taste best if you either grill them or sear them on a grill pan on both sides and then put in the oven.
- Slice garlic.
- Depending on the thickness make slits in to the chops on the sides and the back (3-5 slits).
- Stuff slits with garlic slices.
- Coat chops with E.V.O.O (Extra Virgin Olive Oil), so the herbs will stick.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper, sage and rosemary to both sides of chops.
- Grill each side about 15-20 minutes depending on thickness. Or sear each side on a grill Pan and finish off in the oven at 350° for 30-40 minutes depending on thickness.
- Let pork chops rest about 7 minutes, then spoon plum sauce over. YUMMY!