1 hr 15 mins
Very simple, but delicious comfort food. I concocted this from scratch last fall.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil in heavy pan over medium heat.
- 2Add pork chops and brown on both sides.
- 3Remove pork chops and set aside.
- 4Add onions to pan and cook until limp.
- 5Sprinkle 1 Tbsp flour over onions and stir until flour starts to brown.
- 6Stir in 2 cups water and the mushrooms with their liquid.
- 7Heat to boiling and then reduce to simmering.
- 8Add 1/2 cup water to 1/4 cup brown gravy mix,mix well and add to water in pan, stirring well.
- 9Add pork chops to pan, cover and simmer 45 minutes.
- 10Use the additional water to thin the gravy, if needed.
- 11Serve over mashed potatoes or rice.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Chops With Onion and Mushroom Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (472 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 455.1
- Calories from Fat 244
- Total Fat 27.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 124.1 mg
- Sodium 507.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 41.5 g