Recipe by evelyn/athens
This is so easy to make and tastes just delicious with a fabulous sauce (try with scalloped potatoes!).
Top Review by chia
i made this using 2 pork tenderloins which i roasted in the oven but using some of the pan juices i made the sauce on the stovetop. personally i loved the sauce, it had a wonderful pungency due to the mustard, vinegar and cornichons. but it was a bit too much for the rest of my family, i guess they prefer milder tastes. personally i loved it!
- 4 pork chops
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 tablespoons white wine
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 4 tablespoons apple juice
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- fresh tarragon
- 5 -6 gherkins or 5 -6 cornichons, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Season pork chops with salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in non-stick pan and fry pork chops about 7-8 minutes per side, until brown.
- Remove from pan and add wine, apple juice, vinegar and a little sugar.
- Boil on high heat for about 6 minutes.
- Add cream, minced gherkins and tarragon.
- Turn down heat and simmer 1-2 minutes.
- Add mustard and whisk to dissolve.
- Season to taste.
- Serve pork chops napped with sauce.