Recipe by KathyRose in RI
I first found the recipe in a low-cal cookbook, and lost it. Searching online turned up this version, which is how I remember it. Adding crushed gingersnaps to the gravy thickens it and gives it a great zing.
Top Review by whtbxrmom
Made this using the baking option. DH said it was good but.... not enough gravy and chops were a little tough. Next time I think I will double the gravy and maybe not bake it quite as long. Gravy had a great flavor to it. I would have never thought to make a gravy with gingersnaps. The more I think about it....maybe I'll triple the gravy!
PORK CHOPS WITH GINGER SNAP GRAVY
- 4 pork chops, cut 1/2 inch thick and trimmed of separable
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 small onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1⁄4 cup crushed ginger snaps (4 cookies)
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 dash ground cloves
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, brown chops in hot oil on both sides.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Place chops in a baking dish.
- Drain excess fat from skillet.
- Add onion and 1 1/4 cups water.
- Cover and simmer 2 minutes or until onions are tender.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Cook and stir just until bubbly.
- Gravy will thicken with the gingersnaps.
- Spoon over chops.
- Bake, covered, in 375 degree oven for 50-55 minutes or until hot-- OR-- cover skillet and allow to simmer on low for 40 minutes.