1/2 Photos of Pork Chops With Creamy Applesauce
This is down-home enough to make a comforting meal, and definitely up-scale enough to serve for a fancier occasion. Reducing the sauce in the skillet the chops themselves have cooked in provides a lot of good flavour. I served this with steamed new potatoes on the side because the sauce went perfectly with the potatoes as well. Parsleyed mushrooms were also on the table and it was a wonderful meal!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 pork chops (cut 1-inch-thick)
- salt and pepper
- paprika or smoked paprika
- olive oil (to coat skillet)
- 1 small red onion, minced
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 garlic clove, minced very fine
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1 granny smith apple, peeled, cored, cut into thin slices and tossed in a little lemon juice (to avoid discoloration)
- 1For Sauce: Combine all sauce ingredients (except fresh apple) together and whisk until blended. Store in refrigerator until ready to use.
- 2To make pork chops: Pat chops dry and season with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a heavy skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking, then brown chops, turning over once, 5 to 6 minutes total. Transfer to a plate.
- 3Pour off all but 1 tablespoon fat from skillet and reduce heat to moderate, then cook onion, stirring occasionally, until softened and golden brown, 2 to 4 minutes.
- 4Return chops to skillet along with any juices accumulated on plate, then add sauce and simmer, covered and without turning, for another 5 to 6 minutes. Transfer chops to a clean plate. Keep sauce in skillet.
- 5Add sliced apple to sauce and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until liquid is reduced, 4-5 minutes. Taste sauce and add salt and pepper to taste.
- 6Serve, spooning sauce over chops.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Chops With Creamy Applesauce
Serving Size: 1 (460 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 533.8
- Calories from Fat 329
- Total Fat 36.6 g
- Saturated Fat 18.6 g
- Cholesterol 156.5 mg
- Sodium 150.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 19.8 g
- Protein 24.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of