Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A delicious pork chop dish sweetened with apples and cinnamon. It has a bed of caramelized onions and it is delicious. I got this from some recipe cards called Great Meals in Under 30 minutes. My family devours this everytime. It is great with some roasted potatoes. One suggestion, use the largest skillet you have. I use a big cast iron skillet and it is still crowded. I have tried subbing peaches for the apples and liked it, but not as well.
- 6 boneless pork loin chops, 3/4 in. thick
- black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 (20 ounce) can sliced apples (not apple pie filling! Comstock puts out plain sliced apples in water)
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar (I use 1/4 cup)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Season pork chops with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Arrange chops in skillet.
- Cook pork chops until browned, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
- Add onion to drippings in skillet. Saute, stirring continually for 2 minutes. Return pork to skillet.
- Add apples to pork chops. Sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon; cover.
- Cook, spooning sauce over pork chops frequently, until pork chops are cooked through, about 10 minutes. Serve immediately.
Yummy! I changed it up a bit by cooking raw apples and onions in a bit of sweet white wine (I used Moscato) that I had left over before adding the pork chops back in. Super delicious!
Tasty porkchop recipe. I used fresh apples instead of canned and just cooked a bit longer. We enjoyed this quite a bit. Made for Pac Fall 2009