Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Cherries and pork are delicious together. From our church cookbook.
Make and share this Pork Chops in Sour Cherries recipe from Food.com.
- 4 thick pork loin chops
- 1 (20 ounce) canoregon canned sour cherries, in juice (don't drain)
- 1 cup raw rice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 grated lemon, rind of
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- salt and pepper
- Salt and pepper the pork chops and brown on both sides in their own fat.
- Place uncooked rice in bottom of casserole.
- Pour cherries and juice over it.
- Sprinkle sugar, lemon peel and cinnamon over this and arrange pork chops on top and cover.
- Bake at 350 for 1 and 1/4 hours.