This is definately comfort food!! The pork is almost casseroled. It is a delicious sweet and tangy recipe that my family LOVES!
- Coat pork chops in seasoned flour.
- Heat butter in large frying pan and brown chops well on both sides.
- Arrange in casserole dish.
- Combine sugar, ginger, grated rind and the juice of the oranges and pour over chops.
- Cover and bake at 180º for 45-50 minutes.
- Turn during cooking and add water if necessary.
- NB:- I like to serve these with rice but it is also nice served with salad, coleslaw or winter veggies.
NOTE: The 180 degree oven temperature is a Celsius measurement ~ 350F is the equivalent temperature to use for this recipe! Here is a Celsius to Fahrenheit converter:
*Christie,I prepared this dish recently.I had expected a little stronger ginger taste,perhaps the juice could be measured in cup size ,rather than just as two oranges,I have a feeling my result was too much juice.The chops tasted fine and were moist.The 180* temperature was not identified as C or F ,but I did mine as F..I did try to contact you,but at this time you do not accept messages.The next time I make will try and adjust juice level to see if a difference is made,Cheers.....Don
Did this with turkey cutlets in sub for pork chops, and panko in sub for flour. Very good and flavorful.