Recipe by *christie
This is definately comfort food!! The pork is almost casseroled. It is a delicious sweet and tangy recipe that my family LOVES!
Top Review by Kerfuffle-Upon-Wincle
NOTE: The 180 degree oven temperature is a Celsius measurement ~ 350F is the equivalent temperature to use for this recipe! Here is a Celsius to Fahrenheit converter:
- 4 pork chops
- 2 tablespoons flour
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 2 oranges
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat pork chops in seasoned flour.
- Heat butter in large frying pan and brown chops well on both sides.
- Arrange in casserole dish.
- Combine sugar, ginger, grated rind and the juice of the oranges and pour over chops.
- Cover and bake at 180º for 45-50 minutes.
- Turn during cooking and add water if necessary.
- NB:- I like to serve these with rice but it is also nice served with salad, coleslaw or winter veggies.