This is a quick yet tasty dish. The acidity of the balsamic vinegar is balanced by the sweetness of the shallots. I suppose the chops could be broiled rather than pan-fried, but you would lose the lovely drippings for the sauce.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan large enough to hold the chops in one layer, over medium-high heat.
- Season the chops with salt and pepper, and cook them through, approximately 5 minutes per side, or as needed according to the thickness of your chops.
- Remove from pan and keep warm.
- Add shallots to the pan and cook them, stirring, one minute.
- Add chicken broth, balsamic vinegar, and crumbled thyme.
- Cook stirring 5 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat, and add the butter.
- Stir till the butter has melted and is well incorporated into the sauce.
- Pour sauce over the chops, and serve.