Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
- 4 pork loin chops (1/2 thick inch)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup chili sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can lima beans, rinsed and drained or 1 3⁄4 cups frozen lima beans
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt, if desired and pepper.
- In a skillet, brown chops in oil, transfer chops to a slow cooker.
- Reserve 1 tbs drippings in the skillet, saute onions and garlic until tender.
- Stir in chili sauce, brown sugar and mustard.
- Pour over chops.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours.
- Stir in beans.
- Cover and cook 1 to 1 1/2 hours longer or until meat juices run clear and beans are heated through.
Awesome weekly staple!