Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 40 mins
Cook 3 hrs
The pork chops are so tender they fall apart. Serve with a fresh salad and crusty rolls and what a dinner!
- Melt butter in a 2 qt sauce pan over medium heat Whisk in flour and stir until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper and cook for 1 minute.
- Gradually add milk, stir constantly until mixture boils.
- Boil for 1 minute.
- Pour mixture over potatoes, mix well, ensuring all potatoes are coated.
- Spray a 4 qt casserole dish with non-stick spray.
- Place a layer of potatoes in bottom of dish.
- Top with 2-3 pork chops Cover with another layer of potatoes.
- Top with 2-3 pork chops.
- Cover with a layer of potatoes Bake covered at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Remove cover and bake for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until potatoes are fork tender.
I read some issues about the lack of flavor/cook time. So I added a packet of Lipton onion soup and a 1/4 cup sour cream to the mix and it came out really flavorful. Made it a 5 star dish in my book. Just throwing it out there if anyone likes a little more yummy factor. I also cranked up the temp to 375 degrees. Still came out moist and cooked through perfectly.
This was wonderful! I don't understand the bad reviews, I made it exactly as it was written and it came out perfectly, I will definately make it again.
This recipe is similar to one that my mom used to make all the time. She always put the chops on top of the potatoes and they came out like leather! I loved the potatoes, though. It never occurred to me to put chops in the middle of the potatoes, and what an improvement! They were tender and delicious this way. To those you who didn't like this dish, the trick is to use PLENTY of salt and pepper. Don't skimp on either! This is simple fare and is supposed to be pretty plain food. It's comfort food all the way for me!