Recipe by Icancook2
This recipe comes straight from my great aunt in Georgia. It has been my favorite since I was a little girl. Very simple to make and even better to eat! Serving size depends on how many chops you use.
Top Review by rickscott
This was a very easy to make weekday meal! We really enjoyed the flavor. I didn't have bone-in and mine died out a bit so next time I will be sure to get bone-in as the recipe calls for.
- 297.66 g can French onion soup
- 236.59 ml uncooked long grain white rice (not instant)
- 4 pork chops (at least four bone-in)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put approximately 1 cup of uncooked rice in the bottom of a casserole dish.
- Cover the rice with can of French Onion Soup (save the can!).
- Brown the pork chops in a large skillet and set aside.
- Fill the saved can with water and pour into the skillet that you just browned the pork chops.
- Scrape the fixins from the pan with the water and pour all into the casserole dish.
- Stir together all ingredients that are in dish and spread rice evenly out on the bottom.
- Place chops in single layer on top of rice mix.
- Bake in oven for 1/2 hour uncovered.
- Cover with foil and bake additional 1/2 hour.