1/4 Photos of Pork Chops and Rice
1 hr 10 mins
This recipe comes straight from my great aunt in Georgia. It has been my favorite since I was a little girl. Very simple to make and even better to eat! Serving size depends on how many chops you use.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can French onion soup
- 1 cup uncooked long grain white rice (not instant)
- 4 pork chops (at least four bone-in)
- salt and pepper
- 1Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Put approximately 1 cup of uncooked rice in the bottom of a casserole dish.
- 3Cover the rice with can of French Onion Soup (save the can!).
- 4Brown the pork chops in a large skillet and set aside.
- 5Fill the saved can with water and pour into the skillet that you just browned the pork chops.
- 6Scrape the fixins from the pan with the water and pour all into the casserole dish.
- 7Stir together all ingredients that are in dish and spread rice evenly out on the bottom.
- 8Place chops in single layer on top of rice mix.
- 9Bake in oven for 1/2 hour uncovered.
- 10Cover with foil and bake additional 1/2 hour.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Chops and Rice
Serving Size: 1 (326 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 427.0
- Calories from Fat 140
- Total Fat 15.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 75.0 mg
- Sodium 709.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 28.1 g