Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe comes straight from my great aunt in Georgia. It has been my favorite since I was a little girl. Very simple to make and even better to eat! Serving size depends on how many chops you use.
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can French onion soup
- 1 cup uncooked long grain white rice (not instant)
- 4 pork chops (at least four bone-in)
- salt and pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put approximately 1 cup of uncooked rice in the bottom of a casserole dish.
- Cover the rice with can of French Onion Soup (save the can!).
- Brown the pork chops in a large skillet and set aside.
- Fill the saved can with water and pour into the skillet that you just browned the pork chops.
- Scrape the fixins from the pan with the water and pour all into the casserole dish.
- Stir together all ingredients that are in dish and spread rice evenly out on the bottom.
- Place chops in single layer on top of rice mix.
- Bake in oven for 1/2 hour uncovered.
- Cover with foil and bake additional 1/2 hour.
This was a very easy to make weekday meal! We really enjoyed the flavor. I didn't have bone-in and mine died out a bit so next time I will be sure to get bone-in as the recipe calls for.
This was WONDERFUL!! So easy to make and with just a few ingredients I was skeptical about the outcome. Was I wrong! If I could give more stars I would! This is going into our meal rotation! Thank you for a delicious dish!! Yum!
I tried this recipe just last week. Followed the recipe exactly,except my pork chops were boneless and I had three largish pieces. I browned them in a big skillet in a couple tablespoons of vegetable oil, making sure to dry the chops off before giving them a good dose of salt and pepper to help form a bit of a browned crust in the pan. When I added the can of water to the pan, after taking the chops out, I filled the can to brimming. These came out PERFECT, wouldn't change a thing. The rice was also outstanding, and DH loved it. Had the leftovers again for supper the next night. Easy and yummy, doesn't get any better!!