Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. This recipe is a revision of my mother's "wash day" casserole which she made in the 1940's and 50's.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 pork chops
- 1 (20 ounce) package Simply Potatoes Homestyle Slices
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes (with green chiles, Italian, Mexican, plain)
- Heat oven to 350* F.
- Brown pork chops in canola oil.
- While pork chops are browning, layer Simply Potatoes Homestyle Slices in casserole dish.
- Spread onion slices over potatoes.
- Place pork chips, along with pan drippings, on top of onions and potatoes.
- Pour can of diced tomatoes over pork chops.
- Bake 350* for 45 minutes or until meat and potatoes are done.
Made this last night and everyone loved it! The pork was moist and tender, not dried out like so many other baked pork chop recipes. I served it with warm flour tortillas so the kids could make "burritos." So next time I will probably use boneless pork chops, but I wouldn't otherwise change a thing. Thanks Chef #514944 for a quick and easy "something different."
Awesome recipe! I use the green chile rotel and boneless chops and it comes out amazing - Good, old fashioned recipe, really makes the pork moist and tender -