Recipe by myrnabarager
An easy one-dish meal.
Top Review by catmaniacs
Enjoyed this, will make again. Only problems were I only cooked it a total of 40 minutes covered and the pork was a little dry, and when I took the foil off thinking I needed to cook it another 10 minutes all the liquid was already absorbed. Next time I will use 1 1/2 cups beef broth. But it was very tasty and we ate all of it!
- 4 pork chops
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 (38 1/2 g) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 2 cups beef broth, heated
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown chops in oil.
- Spread rice in rectangular baking dish (11x7-inches). Add frozen vegetables. Reserve one tablespoon of dry soup mix. Sprinkle remaining soup mix over rice.
- Pour heated beef broth over rice and mix ingredients together.
- Arrange pork chops on top of rice mixture and sprinkle with reserved onion soup mix. Cover tightly with foil and bake in moderate oven (350 F) until tender (45 minutes to 1 hour), depending on thickness of chops. Remove foil and continue cooking for 10 minutes or until any excess liquid has evaporated.