Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is comfort food for sure. The meat is so flavorful and falls apart like potroast. The caraway gives if such a nice taste!
- 4 pork blade steaks
- 4 -5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 cups country style gravy
- mix spices with garlic and rub on both sides of steaks and let sit 1 hour or more.
- Brown in a small amout of olive oil in oven proof pan.
- Add chicken stock and cover with foil or lid Bake for 1 1/2 hours at 350 degrees.
- Top with thick peppery country gravy.
- Serve with mashed potatoes of rice and fresh veg.
All I can say is MMmm Good - True comfort food. Lovely combination with the thyme, garlic & Caraway. I didn't crush the caraway seeds. Served with new nugget potatoes that I fork mashed in the gravy, Cob of corn sprinkld with Cajun spice mix (no butter) and steamed carrots. Lovely dinner thanks tamibic
"To cry for" delicious! It's fall-apart moist/tender, and full of flavor. I've made this several times now, using my cast iron skillet/lid . . wonderful! The peppered country gravy (I used McCormick's packaged) was great, but not necessary, IMO. I use one 14 oz. can chicken broth vs. one cup so that I can make gravy from the broth/drippings. This is sooo good, a regular around here now. Thanks for posting, tamibic!
I made this great dish tonight. I let it cook for the full 1 1/2 hours, but the broth cooked away. Next time I make this I'll add more broth to the baking pan. To save time, I used a packet of country-style gravy mix instead of making it from scratch. We really loved the taste of the gravy over the pork steaks, and my husband even poured some over his potatoes as well. I'll definitely make this many times again. Thanks for this recipe!