Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
You can one or the other or both From: Oriental Cooking Class Cookbook 1990 Publications Int. Ltd
- 1 lb boneless pork
- 1 1⁄4 lbs chicken thighs
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Cut pork across into 3/4 inch slices.
- then cut into 2 X 1 inch pieces.
- combine with chicken pieces in large bowl.
- Mix vinegar,soy sauce, garlic, salt and pepper in a small bowl; pour over pork and chicken.
- Marinate at room temperature , stirring occasionally, 1 hour.
- Transfer pork-chicken mixture in medium nonaluminum saucepan, stir in water.
- Heat over medium heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat to = low, simmer covered until pork and chicken are tender, about 30 minutes.emove pork and chicken with slotted spoon, draining well.
- Transfer to plate. Cook vinegar mixture over high heat until reduced to coating consistency , about 15 mi nutes.
- While sauce is reducing, heat oil in medium skillet over medium hear add pork.
- Cook , turning frequently , until brown on all sides, about 3 minutes.
- Remove to plate. Add chicken to skillet, turning once until brown, about 2 minutes.
- Arrange chicken and pork on serving plate and keep warm.
- Strain sauce through fine sieve, skim and discard fat. Pour sauce over chicken and pork.