Recipe by HannahSve
NOT made with porcupine meat. :) The ground beef and rice mixture makes them look porcupine-y. A hit with kids! This version is a little sweeter and can be cooked 3 ways! (Cooking time is for skillet. Crock Pot and Oven times vary.)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup uncooked white rice
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together meatball ingredients. Shape by rounded tablespoonfuls into 20-24 balls.
- Stir together sauce ingredients.
- CROCK POT - Dump meatballs and sauce into crock pot. Cook on low for 4-6 hours until heated through.
- SKILLET - Bring sauce to a boil in a large skillet. Place meatballs in skillet. Reduce heat, cover, & simmer 40 minutes, stirring often after first 15-20 minutes.
- OVEN - Place meatballs in ungreased 8x8 baking dish. Cover with sauce. Cover dish with aluminum foil & bake at 350 for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake 15 more minutes.