1/2 Photos of Poppin' Jalapeno Bread
1 hr 45 mins
Bergy gave me the idea to use jalapeno bread to make hamburger rolls... while my hamburger idea didn't quite fly, the buns were out of this world! I used 2 fresh and 1 canned Trappey's jalapenos, and sprinkled sesame seeds on top. I thought it had a wonderfully spicy flavour, and my fiancee informed me that many folks would think these were 'hot'. Give it a shot! I baked the buns on a baking stone for about 20 minutes. They made 6 large rolls.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1 cup water
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 -4 1/2 cups flour, divided
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3 small canned jalapeno peppers or 3 small fresh jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1Dissolve yeast in warm water in a large bowl; let stand 5 minutes until foamy.
- 2Combine dissolved yeast, egg and butter; mix until butter melts.
- 3Combine 3 cups flour, sugar, salt and garlic salt.
- 4Gradually add flour mixture to yeast mixture, beating at medium speed of electric mixer until smooth.
- 5Beat in peppers, cheese, onion and enough of the remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- 6Turn dough out onto a well-floured surface and knead 1 minute.
- 7Shape dough into a loaf; place in a greased 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan.
- 8Cover and let rise in a warm place, free from drafts, 30 minutes or until doubled in bulk.
- 9Preheat oven to 400.
- 10Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until done and loaf sounds hollow when tapped.
- 11Remove from pan and allow to cool on wire rack.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Poppin' Jalapeno Bread
Serving Size: 1 (176 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 442.7
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 65.2 mg
- Sodium 633.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 15.0 g