1/2 Photos of Poppin' Jalapeno Bread
1 hr 45 mins
Bergy gave me the idea to use jalapeno bread to make hamburger rolls... while my hamburger idea didn't quite fly, the buns were out of this world! I used 2 fresh and 1 canned Trappey's jalapenos, and sprinkled sesame seeds on top. I thought it had a wonderfully spicy flavour, and my fiancee informed me that many folks would think these were 'hot'. Give it a shot! I baked the buns on a baking stone for about 20 minutes. They made 6 large rolls.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1 cup water
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 -4 1/2 cups flour, divided
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3 small canned jalapeno peppers or 3 small fresh jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1Dissolve yeast in warm water in a large bowl; let stand 5 minutes until foamy.
- 2Combine dissolved yeast, egg and butter; mix until butter melts.
- 3Combine 3 cups flour, sugar, salt and garlic salt.
- 4Gradually add flour mixture to yeast mixture, beating at medium speed of electric mixer until smooth.
- 5Beat in peppers, cheese, onion and enough of the remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- 6Turn dough out onto a well-floured surface and knead 1 minute.
- 7Shape dough into a loaf; place in a greased 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan.
- 8Cover and let rise in a warm place, free from drafts, 30 minutes or until doubled in bulk.
- 9Preheat oven to 400.
- 10Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until done and loaf sounds hollow when tapped.
- 11Remove from pan and allow to cool on wire rack.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Poppin' Jalapeno Bread
Serving Size: 1 (176 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 442.7
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 65.2 mg
- Sodium 633.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 15.0 g