Grilled Veggies That Bite Back
I was craving grilled vegetables one day, and as usual all the recipes I found didn't quite fit the bill or what I had in my fridge. So I came up with this. In proper portions it serves 6-8 but it was so yummy I couldn't stop eating and finished it all myself. Veggies are healthy, right? ;) I think it would be nice in a quinoa or couscous salad too. This is actually quite good served cool too. Prep time does not include marinating time.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup chili paste, I use Rooster Brand Chili Garlic Sauce
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons liquid honey, I prefer unpasteurized
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 orange bell pepper
- 1⁄2 yellow bell pepper
- 1⁄2 red onion
- 1⁄2 zucchini
- 1⁄2 cup cremini mushroom (or your favourite)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh green beans
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- In a small bowl, mix first three ingredients well and set aside.
- Cut all the veggies into about 1 - 1 1/2 inch pieces, green beans can just be cut in half.
- Add vegetables to a large bowl and pour sauce over and mix well.
- Marinate veggies at room temperature for 20 - 30 minutes, or more, or less, or not at all if you don't have time :).
- Meanwhile, preheat BBQ to about 350°F and coat grill basket with canola oil (or olive oil or Pam cooking spray).
- Place marinated veg in grill basket and grill until golden, about 6-8 min, then flip and do other side.
- (Do not turn lots, grill should be low enough to not burn. All grills are different, better to turn it down than flip too often).
- Serve with your favourite grilled meat or grilled tofu for the vegetarians ….