Recipe by GibbyLou
This recipe was created by my aunt. She represented New Mexico at the 36th National Cooking Contest held at the Grove Park Inn in Asheville, NC.
- 4 chicken breast halves, boned
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 (4 ounce) can whole green chilies, cut in strips
- 1 (2 ounce) jar pimientos, drained, cut in strips
- 1⁄4 lb cheddar cheese, cut in strips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In shallow bowl, place flour, salt, and pepper. Add chicken one piece, at a time, dredging to coat.
- In fry pan, place butter and oil; heat over medium temperature until bubbling. Add chicken, skin side down, and cook, turning, about 10 minutes or until brown on all sides.
- Remove chicken from pan and drain on paper towels.
- Place chicken in shallow baking pan and top with strips of chiles, cheese, and pimientos.
- Place in oven and cook for about 10 minutes or until fork can be inserted in chicken with ease and cheese is melted.