This recipe was created by my aunt. She represented New Mexico at the 36th National Cooking Contest held at the Grove Park Inn in Asheville, NC.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2In shallow bowl, place flour, salt, and pepper. Add chicken one piece, at a time, dredging to coat.
- 3In fry pan, place butter and oil; heat over medium temperature until bubbling. Add chicken, skin side down, and cook, turning, about 10 minutes or until brown on all sides.
- 4Remove chicken from pan and drain on paper towels.
- 5Place chicken in shallow baking pan and top with strips of chiles, cheese, and pimientos.
- 6Place in oven and cook for about 10 minutes or until fork can be inserted in chicken with ease and cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pollo Verde Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (168 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 403.0
- Calories from Fat 259
- Total Fat 28.8 g
- Saturated Fat 12.4 g
- Cholesterol 91.4 mg
- Sodium 567.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 24.0 g