Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe was created by my aunt. She represented New Mexico at the 36th National Cooking Contest held at the Grove Park Inn in Asheville, NC.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In shallow bowl, place flour, salt, and pepper. Add chicken one piece, at a time, dredging to coat.
- In fry pan, place butter and oil; heat over medium temperature until bubbling. Add chicken, skin side down, and cook, turning, about 10 minutes or until brown on all sides.
- Remove chicken from pan and drain on paper towels.
- Place chicken in shallow baking pan and top with strips of chiles, cheese, and pimientos.
- Place in oven and cook for about 10 minutes or until fork can be inserted in chicken with ease and cheese is melted.