Pollo Al Ajillo - Garlic Chicken. Yummy
photo by loof751
- Ready In:
- 1 (1 1/2 kg) whole chickens (either a whole chicken cut in to 4 cm/2 inch pieces or thighs and legs chopped separately)
- 12 garlic cloves
- olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 glass white wine (optional)
- Start by peeling the garlic cloves and slicing them roughly.
- Ppour olive oil until the bottom of the frying pan is covered and wait until it just starts to smoke. While you wait you can add salt to all the chicken bits.
- Then add all the garlic pieces and just when they start to brown add the chicken, inserting the bay leaves in between.
- You will need to cook it for aproximately 30 minutes or until all the pieces are crispy and brown, taking care to turn the pieces over so they get equally brown all over.
- If you want to have a bit of sauce, towards the end of the cooking lower the heat to minimum, remove the excess oil from the frying pan and add a glass of white wine. Cook for another 5 minutes and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
What a fantastic dish. We loved this quick and easy to make meal. I used a whole chicken, which I cut up and all the ingredients, except for the wine. My dh declined sauce with this dish. It was perfect. Crisp, beautifully flavored and cooked perfectly. Thank you so much for sharing this treat. I will make this again and again. It had such wonderful flavor. :)
If you like garlic, you'll love this! We made it in two pans, not having one pan big enough, and made the sauce in one. Your choice: crispy or moist; both are delicious. Super simple to do and delightfully different from what we would usually do with these ingredients. I worried about the amount of oil/fat, but if kept hot, nearly all of it pours off. Made for Zaar World Tour 5.
see 1 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/527607/cookswithcattitude.jpg I am a middle aged foodie who has had the luxury of living all over the world except asia. Lived in or grew up in Nigeria, Kenya, Chicago, Russia,and haiti. born in New Zealand, brother born in Austria and many more. I have chronic medication resistant depression after 10 years on anti depressants that worked well but would stop working after a year or two, so now do my best at home living on disabilty. Not a bad thing, many have far worse health issues but i have been able to concentrate on food/cooking. My main passions are my cats. I live in the woods and somehow many starving strays or "dumps" have found the message babies who passed on left in the woods saying "suck lives at xxxx road. Most arrive sick and/or starving. Right now i have 2 that arrived with feline herpes and their attendant 2ndry bacterial infections but are doing beautifully. One old man who was going to be euthanized bc a lady who found him as a stray was moving and didnt want him...well he was a biter and rather grumpy who was in ICU for 3 days with a deadly gut infection which was fixed but he left with a diagnosis of diabetes. 3 months on insulin and finally diet controlled and he caught the herpes virus, respiratory symptom version and turned into a cuddler. Butterscotch must think "why didnt i figure out this cuddle stuff was great before i got sick!" Doing wonderfully even though he has bouts. he and the other kids are my babies. Sadly Butterscotch died of Lymphatic cancer in winter of 2008. A year before Big Boy arrived in my life, starving and weak. Full of affection he jumped into my arms and stayed, turns out he has FIV (cat hiv) so he needs to be watched closely. I love him dearly <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/smPACp.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"> <img src="http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b280/carolinamoon21/Stockingswapcopy.jpg"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/participantbannerzwt5.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/cookbookswap.jpg"> <img src="http://www.caymandesigns.com/foodothers/fallswap.jpg">