Pollo en Pina (Chicken in Pineapple)
Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 40 mins
Pollo en Pina Ingredients
- 1587.57-1814.36 g skinless chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 1 ripe pineapple, peeled,cored and chopped (save juice)
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 4 fluid ounce lime juice
- 4 fluid ounce olive oil
- 4 fluid ounce white vinegar
- chicken stock (if necessary)
- salt and pepper
- 118.29 ml mixed salad green, for garnish
- red pepper (to garnish)
Guatemalan Fried Rice Ingredients
- 29.58 ml shortening
- 473.18 ml rice
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 29.58 ml peas
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 24 fluid ounce water
- 4.92 ml morton lite salt
- ---To Prepare the Pollo---.
- Marinate chicken in lime and garlic for two hours.
- Grill chicken pieces in a heavy skillet or on a barbecue.
- Add remaining ingredients to skillet containing chicken.
- If there is not enough pineapple juice, add enough chicken stock to cover chicken pieces.
- Cover and simmer over low heat until tender, about 45 minutes.
- ---To Prepare the Rice---.
- Wash the rice and allow to dry.
- Heat shortening, then add rice and fry until well browned, stirring constantly.
- Add tomato and onion.
- Cook slightly.
- Add water, salt and other vegetables.
- Cover and bring quickly to a boil.
- Lower heat and cook for 45 minutes or until well done.
- ---And Now the Hard Part---.
- Serve chicken with rice, garnish with peppers, and enjoy!