Prep 35 mins
Cook 20 mins
My husband's Polish Aunt shared this with me.It works as a side dish or a main vegetarian meal.Really great in the summer.
- 2 large potatoes
- 2 carrots
- 2 stalks celery
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 dill pickle
- 1⁄3 sweet onion
- 1 golden delicious apple
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon pickle juice
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- salt and pepper
- Peel potatoes,boil until tender,dice small.
- Dice carrots,celery,tomatoes,eggs,pickle, and onion.
- Peel and core apple. Dice. Add to carrot mixture.
- Mix together dressing ingredients.
- Combine dressing and vegetables and refrigerate at least 3 hours.
I lived in poland for 10 months, and of everything I ate, this was my favorite thing there!!!
Excellent salad - the combination of ingredients work well together!! The dressing alone, seemed a bit on the tart side, and I was tempted to add a dash of sugar, but I resisted, and followed the recipe exactly, and after resting in the fridge for a few hours, the blend of the sweet apples, tomatoes and veggies balanced it off perfectly.