Joe's Polish Potato Salad
photo by Smokin Joe of Wixom
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs red potatoes
- 1⁄2 lb bacon
- 1⁄2 lb bratwurst
- 1⁄2 lb kielbasa, link
- 5 teaspoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons flour, all-purpose
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery seed, whole
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 lb red onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- Wash and cut up the potatoes into 1 inch cubes. In a dutch oven, cook potato pieces in water until just fork tender. Drain potatoes and leave in colander.
- While the potatoes are cooking, cut up the bacon into small cubes, and the sausage links into 1/4 inch slices. After the potatoes are removed, cook the bacon chunks in the dutch oven to render the bacon fat. Add the sausage slices and heat them through. Remove all of the meat and set aside.
- Add the sugar, flour, salt, mustard and celery seed to the hot bacon fat in the dutch oven. Cook and stir over medium heat until the mixture is hot and bubbly. Gradually add the chicken broth and vinegar and bring to a boil. Cook and stir until thickened. Gently stir in the onion, celery, and parsley and cook for two minutes. Stir in the meat and potatoes and continue cooking until heated through.
- Serve and enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!