Recipe by Vina
This is a dish that I ate a lot as a child, but haven't made it in years. Don't know why, because it's delicious. I'm posting it in response to a request.
- 1 head cabbage, shredded or finely chopped
- 3 medium green apples, peeled,cored,and finely chopped
- 3 slices thick cut bacon, diced
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Place diced bacon in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Fry until crisp.
- Remove from pan, but don't drain the bacon fat.
- Add cabbage, apples, and onions to the hot fat in pan.
- Sprinkle the sugar over, stir, cover, and cook over low heat for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle the bacon pieces over the top, season with salt& pepper to taste, and serve immediately.